Monday, August 24, 2009

Doctor Car Seat Recommendation

I just brought my Hallie in for her ONE year check up and while waiting for the doctor I read a paper on the wall informing me that they (some doctor's association) now recommend keeping your infant in a rear facing seat until they are TWO years old. When the doctor came in she repeated the same thing to me. (It used to be a combination of one year and 20 pounds)

I already have Hallie in a front facing car seat and we BOTH love it so I don't plan on switching her back, but I thought some of you might like to know.

So the scoop is keep your child in a rear facing seat until they are two years old. Next thing we know kids are going to need to be in a car seat until they are eight years old. Wait a second...... Oh yeah that's LAW!

3 comments:

  1. Um, all I know is that keeping my son in until he was 20 lbs AND one was difficult enough- if they really do require that now- they have to make bigger carseats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's silly. My boys are so tall that they would be squished if I kept them rear facing! In fact, with my oldest, I think I turned him around before he was one because he was over 20 lbs and his legs were so cramped!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see some of the people who set the recommendations drive around with a 20 month child in a rear facing seat for a month. They may realize that although it might be better it's almost impossible to actually do.

    ReplyDelete

Moms with Advice