Saturday, May 15, 2010

Airplane Advice

Okay mom's let's help KATE out......

"I'm taking a trip with my kids, and the idea is pretty daunting. Here are the details: I'll be alone on the airplane with my two boys (2.5 and 1 and both still in diapers), our flight is 4 hours long, and their typical bedtime will be somewhere in the middle of all that. But I still have 6 days to prepare for it, and also, I have no problem using sugar to my advantage.So if you have any good secrets, please pass them along now!"

"I need all the HELP I can get"

3 comments:

  1. Okay i would say pack a whole bag with DS, coloring books, favorite cars, playdoh, whatever. the more little things they can hop arund to the better!! I wouldn't do too much sugar, cause your going to be in a tight spot for awhile, and they will drive you and the other passengers crazy.But I would pack precut fruit, chips, and maybe a special candy treat!! Make sure you take favorite blankies, and if you have a portable dvd, I'd pack it with headphones. Phewww, Good Luck. I traveled a 6 hour flight with 3 and we survived. If anything just remember, you probably won't see these people on the plane again, so if your kids do get crazy, there's not much you can do about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go to the dollar store and let them pick out a few new items- coloring books, small toys, treats, etc. Bring Tylenol and snacks, their favorite blankies and books. Most flight attendants are really good about helping out with whatever you need- I would also bring a Bjorn, Moby wrap, or whatever you want to for the ability to take both to the bathroom for changes. Also bring plenty of wipes or hand sanitizer for quick clean-ups.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just did a flight with Hallie last week and we brought a DVD player and some movies for her to watch. She only made it through one signing time which was like 20 min so that idea failed. Lots of snacks and drinks are what saved me. Also, just knowing that when she cried (which she did) it wasn't the end of the world and the people would eventually tune it out. Good luck Kate!

    ReplyDelete

Moms with Advice