Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Keeping Shoes On

How do I get my 22 month old to keep her SHOES on in the car? Every time we are in the car she takes them off. It's annoying to have to put them back on every time we get out. I've tried explaining why she needs them on and when I can I carry her instead of letting her walk. (My attempt to show her that she needs her shoes to walk on the ground-She hates it.) But really I can't carry her everywhere, especially with the new baby coming.

Any advice to get her to keep them on?

5 comments:

  1. Heck, my 5 year old still does that. They don't like shoes and who can blame them! I think this one might be one you are just going to fight with unless you buy her a little pair of high tops that she can't get off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't. :D Just let her wear flip flops so you can stick them on easily when you get to where you are going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shoes are a tough battle! Unfortunately I have no help there! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the same boat as you with my 17 month old! So I've just learned rather than waste time and have o find them under the seats lurking with the old chicken nuggets, LOL, I don't even put them on til we get to our destination!! Then we are both happy......

    ReplyDelete
  5. my 2 year old does that too every time she still has her shoes on when we get some where I do a little cheer for her and tell her thank you for leaving your shoes on I'd say the positive reinforcement has cut down shoe chucking by half

    ReplyDelete

Moms with Advice