Monday, November 16, 2009

Potty Accidents

Cute and spunky Alesha needs advice for her three year old.

"Koen has been having "ACCIDENTS" latley(he is 3 and has been potty trained for almost a year). I am at a loss. I think it is maybe that we are moving into a new house and had a baby(5 months ago though) and just "big changes" Any ideas of what to do? I have tried taking toys away and he is really upset when it happens but still continues to have an accident everyday...by the way, they are totally avoidable, most times he has been in the bathroom "hiding" or just sitting here, then he says "I couldn't make it fast to the potty" while he isn't even trying. Any ideas?"

Lets help her out and comment fast so she has to clean up less pee!

2 comments:

  1. The good news (I guess) is it is actually poo issues, so I just toss the underwear and no clean up on the floor! HELP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my- this happened with every one of my 4 children. Of course it was mostly the pee, not the poopy thing. I think they A) get to busy to want to stop what they are doing and go, or B) are taking some control back. The only way I have found to deal with this is the way I potty trained in the first place. I used the Potty Training in a Day book and they say when you have accidents, you make them clean it up, because they have to take responsiblity. Of course you don't do it in a mean way at all. Then you do little practice sessions. At least three of the practice sessions are suppose to start from where they had the accident. The practices are just little "oh my, let's prentend you have to go peepy or whatever and then, show me where you go." And off you run to the potty and make sure they pull their pants down and actually sit on it. They say to do this 10 times for each accident. I never did that many. Of course, mostly it just takes time. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Moms with Advice