Monday, November 23, 2009

Success

It is with great happiness that I write the sentence, "Hallie is no longer nursing".

Thank you for all your words of encouragement and advice. I couldn't have done it with out you. I also could not have done it without a long weekend where my husband was home and my parents who were in town.

Because I had so many people around it was easy to find someone else to put her down to sleep instead of me (who always nursed her to sleep.) It took a lot of tummy rubbing and even a little crying, but now I am happy to say that Hallie goes down to sleep with out nursing. (Which is the only time I nursed her.) She now knows the drill. We walk around with her cuddling up to us or we rock her in a chair just until she is settled down and sleepy. We then place her in her bed (her eyes are still open) and we walk out. No crying and no fussing. MIRACLES HAPPEN!!

2 comments:

  1. Wahoo! That is cause for celebration! Congratulations! You'll be amazed at the freedom you now have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats! It's always something new that they are accomplishing. Enjoy the moments!

    ReplyDelete

Moms with Advice