Thursday, February 11, 2010

Learning to Eat

Erin, the mother of the CUTEST little Lucy you have ever seen, needs advice when it comes to rice cereal.

Here is her question..."We've started to introduce solids to Lucy (almost 5 1/2 months now). We've tried feeding her rice cereal 4 or 5 times now and she doesn't understand how to eat it (or that it's something to eat); she just spits/drools every spoonful out of her mouth. Is there a secret to teaching babies how to eat, or is it just practice and repetition until they finally catch on?"


5 comments:

  1. My baby did the same thing and I worried about it so much. But really, they do just get it eventually. It took a couple of weeks before she finally started liking it. And Ash never liked rice cereal, so once I started giving her baby oatmeal instead, she did a lot better. Your baby will probably do a lot better once she gets on fruits and vegetables too. Just keep feeding her and she'll get it down soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could try putting water or formula on the spoon?? That's what my baby had first on a spoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would just wait a couple weeks and try again. But I definetly think the more you try the better they get, but I think it gets frustrating. I strated and stopped with my baby now 3 times. The 3rd time he seemed to get it better so I stuck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You kinda have to wait till they are ready. I would try every once a while till she gets it. It takes time for them to learn to actually eat...its a development things. Some baby's do it sooner than others, but some cant till they are a little older. Just try, but don't push it, read her signs she gives you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many babies to not care for rice cereal. Maybe you can try oatmeal. Keep trying, she will catch on.

    ReplyDelete

Moms with Advice