Monday, September 21, 2009

MOMMY First Aid Class

Last week when Hallie broke out in a rash all over her body I called my dad for advice. He is a firefighter/EMT and knew what to look for if it was a reaction to something she ate or something that she could have touched or rubbed up against.
  • If it is an allergic reaction to something they ate kids will break out in a rash around their mouth and also inside their mouth. (In Hallie's case also all over her body.) If it is something they touched (plant, grass etc.) it will not be around their mouth. Makes sense, but I had no idea.
So anyway I've talked my dad into flying out to DC and teaching a First Aid/CPR class to me and my friends. I'm always worrying about the "what if..." Like, what if something happens to Hallie while I am home all alone with her. Will I be able to do what I need to until the emergency crew arrives? Is the issue bad enough that I need to take her to see a doctor or maybe even to the ER? I could go on and on!

I imagine most moms have similar questions and so I want my dad to start teaching MOM CPR/First Aid classes. I think it would be genius and oh so helpful.

  • What do you think?
  • How much would you pay to go to a 1 hr special CPR/First Aid class designed for moms?
  • What questions/concerns would you like taught or discussed?

3 comments:

  1. I have been looking everywhere for something like this!! - I've looked all around for first aid books for moms and have been dissapointed that there isn't much out there - I would probably pay 25 dollars or so to come listen - maybe even 50 - I'll have to think about it more and tell you about the questions and concerns I would have... have to run to VT :) - Great blog by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It could also just be a virus. Kids frequently get a rash all over their bodies with a viral infection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be willing to pay, but am not in a position to pay now. I've done first aid classes before, when I worked in child care, but could use a refresher course for sure!

    So glad to read your blog! I love blogging!

    ReplyDelete

Moms with Advice